Sunday, February 06, 2011

Julie: Red Pepper Puree


Yum! So easy and definitely going into the arsenal. I made it last night, letting the bells roast while I was doing other things in the kitchen, and it was about a half hour in that the lovely aromas started to fill the house. After 45 mins they were looking charred but as I expected. I sealed them up in the foil and it was only after I opened up that little package that I was surprised to see them totally collapsed. But so flavorful. And the juices were wonderful-- smoky and sweet/savory all at the same time. The spread came out SO much more complex then I had envisioned. No idea why, but I'm not complaining!

This morning I served up the puree with some chopped avocado to Joshua-- you can see he enjoyed it! He gobbled up the bowl so quickly I had barely enough time to get him another bowlful!



Tonight I served them for the superbowl, atop crostini with some goat cheese (I popped the crostini under the broiler for a couple mins to get everything bubbly). Rave reviews all around. I bet this would be delish on a white fish like halibut. Or on a sammy. In an omelette? Yumm, so many possibilities.

Looking forward to trying the next one!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerilyn said...

hehehehe. this is a GREAT photo!

07 February, 2011 10:44  
Blogger Kaoru said...

Totally. What a happy baby!

07 February, 2011 15:10  
Blogger Elaine said...

love this pic!

11 February, 2011 10:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home