Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lactose Free Pumpkin Bread

  • I've stocked up on my pumpkin puree. So I will definitely have enough puree to last a couple thanksgivings ;)Mike loves anything pumpkin and this is delicious and it doesn't have butter, cream or milk. So no need to pop that Lactaid. I always have a loaf of this or David Lebovitz's banana cake in my freezer for tea time. Enjoy, Julie.
  • Spiced Pumpkin Bread - Makes 2 loaves
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin. Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts, if desired.

    Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerilyn said...

"Lactose Free" Pumpkin Bread is a hilarious name. Good for Asians!

22 October, 2009 17:04  
Blogger Kaoru said...

I love pumpkin too (like Mike) so will have to try this out. You scared me in to buying 4 cans of pumpkin puree at the grocery store!

22 October, 2009 17:36  
Blogger Julie said...

Excellent, can't wait to try this. K, I did the exact same thing. My Russian roots came out and I horded with the best of 'em!!

22 October, 2009 18:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home