Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jam Bars



This is a great recipe handed down to me from Mrs. Buerger's cabin. Minimal ingredients for a great vacation home staple or for tea time with friends. I made it for a friend's BBQ party. Found out after creaming my butter and sugar that I didn't have any eggs in my frig. Had to run next door for 2 eggs from my neighbor. Whipped up the dessert, threw it in the oven, put it on the "cooking timer" so it would shut off after 50 min. Walked over to the BBQ. Ran back to grab the dessert out of the oven. Brought it back to my friends party. Talk about a last minute homemade dessert ;) It is a bit sweet. So if you made your own jam it would be my perfect recipe but that makes this wonderfully simple recipe too high maintenance for its purposes. Enjoy!

18 T. unsalted butter, room temp.
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 c. flour
1 jar fruit jam or pie filling (I used peach jam)

Preheat 325, using 9x13 pan
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Mix in eggs and flour
3. Spread dough mix onto pan. Save 1/3 for top of fruit.
4. Spread over dough. Top with remaining dough
5. Bake for 45-50 min. Cool. Powder top with powdered sugar.

Made some cookies for a baby shower with a "Year of the Ox" theme. Thought I'd share them with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaoru said...

OMG, the cookies are adorable!

01 July, 2009 16:29  
Blogger Jer said...

Seriously! So adorable. You are very talented my dear.

24 July, 2009 00:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home