Friday, January 05, 2007

Lacey Oatmeal Raisin


Trying to find a recipe for a super thin crispy crunchy oatmeal cookie like a lace cookie, I came up with nothing. Since I couldn't find one, I decided to combine 2 recipes out of Fannie Farmer's Baking Book. I was very nervous when I first saw the result from the oven...they spread super thin and one cookie into the next. Once it cooled, the huge ugly mass of cookie on the baking sheet actually turned out exactly the way I hoped. So the second batch, I only put 4 cookies on the baking sheet to allow them enough space to spread as well as paitiently waiting for not only the edge but the center of each cookie to brown to a golden prefection.

2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup raisins

Cream the butter and sugars. Add the remaining wet ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients. Mix the wet with the dry ingredients. The cookies spread so I would not try to put more than 4 or 5 scoops of cookie dough on each baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 13-16 min until golden brown. Do not remove from the baking sheet until completely cooled. They will look weird but once it cools its super crispy and perfect with a cup of tea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Yummy - I've been on an oatmeal cooking thing lately as well. I have a favorite recipe that I'll post later. It yeilds a more chewy cookie, but they are delicious. I'm not a fan of the big mounded cakey oatmeal cookies that alot of recipes make.

08 January, 2007 12:18  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yum--looks like my kind of cookie! How many does this make approx?

11 January, 2007 13:53  
Blogger Elaine said...

I think around 28-32 cookies?

11 January, 2007 14:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home