Friday, July 21, 2006

Kate: Kofte with Warm Eggplant Salad


Sorry for the huge delay. I made this a couple of weeks ago before we went back the the UK for a holiday.
I substituted a few of the ingredients which I couldnt get, thyme for the summer savory and paprika for the aleppo pepper on your suggestions Ashley. The end result was delicious especially once finished with the flourish.
My wooden skewers were too small, really for cookie decorating (given to me by this cute pastry chef I know) so the kebabs were smaller than I imagined they should be. I have to admit it wasnt the prettiest meal I have ever served but anything lost on appearance was gained on flavour. As pointed out by Greg I probably should have left them on the skewers to serve so they didnt look like something untypeable...small detail.

I always find it difficult to come up with new ways to use eggplant but this was great and in fact I am sending my mum the recipe as they have just harvested thier first crop of eggplants from thier allotment and she is looking for some ideas.
I think the flourish deserves a second mention. I often find that its the final touches to meals that make them and this was definatley the case with the flourish it really did add something.
Fab recipe suggestion Ashley.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Love love love your picture. Definately magazine quality. The little drips of au jus on the plate. You are too much. Looking forward to making it this weekend. I'll post a new recipe on Monday.

21 July, 2006 08:26  
Blogger Jer said...

Yes, great photo! What do you mean they didn't look good. They look great! In fact the photo is so beautiful it makes me want to make the entire dish again. Very nice and hope you had a wonderful trip to see your family.

21 July, 2006 09:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home