Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm back!

After the long road trip, unloading 200+ boxes and coordinating just a ton of logistics....I'm back to you guys and all these recipes. Man am I looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I have some recipes that I need to catch up on....and I'll try to get to them ASAP. I'm gearing up to post Recipe #10 but before I do that I thought I'd post an interesting thing that I've come across at the markets....Garlic Spears!


My first bunch was a little yummier than the second...but they are a nice change. I don't know if you guys have ever seen or fixed them before. They are supposedly available for only a short season. It's suggested to fix them as you would asparagus...grilled, roasted or sauteed. I roasted mine with just olive oil, squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. I think they need a little more time than asparagus. Very mild garlic taste with the texture of asparagus....tasty to accompany those Copper River Salmon that we've been fixing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

They almost look like huge versions of chives. I bet they would look gorgeous in a flower arrangement too.Haven't seen them at the markets here in Chicago yet.

13 June, 2006 14:54  
Blogger Jer said...

I saw them at Chinos but hadn't tried them. I will now. There is also something called green garlic which is another seasonal mild garlic that is nice in fresh pasta. This time of year is amazing at the markets. I went to Chinos today and bought these wonderful little fresh beets (orange, red and pink/white). I am roasting them now for company tonight and they smell delicous. So glad you're getting settled in! That's happy!!

13 June, 2006 15:44  
Blogger Kate said...

They look and sound good. I will keep my eyes open for them over here.

15 June, 2006 14:46  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.9dongdong
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bag
Air Jordan 6 Champagne Bottle
Jordan 8 Phoenix Suns
ralph lauren
michael kors outlet online
Louis Vuitton Belts On Sale
cheap jordans,jordan shoes,cheap jordan shoes
Gucci Outlet Store Locations
canada goose jackets
Outlet Michael Kors Handbags
Abercrombie & Kent Luxury Travel
Coach Factory Outlet Clearance
Louis Vuitton Clearance Sale
michael kors uk
canada goose jackets
mihchael kors bag
nike trainers
Coach Outlet Online Discount Sale
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
Michael Kors Designer Handbags Outlet Online
Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts Clearance
Hollister Tees for Men
Designer Louis Vuitton Bags Discount
ugg boots sale
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Louis Vuitton Purses For Cheap
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
Coach Luggage Bags Outlet Sale Online

08 October, 2015 20:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home