Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Elaine: Gevulde Koek


OK...don't laugh but mine don't look pretty. Lets just say my frig is stuffed with food and I didn't chill the cookies before putting them in the oven. Big brain fart for taking this shortcut and not chilling my little gems before popping them in the oven. Maybe my pinch of baking soda was too whimpy of a pinch. They didn't seem to rise at all.Just turned into little almond pancakes...almost like those chinese almond cookies you see in the chinatown bakeries. Kate, yours look gorgeous. Mine on the other hand are complete rejects. But hey, they are delish! and thats all that matters to me...since its just me myself and i that will be eating them. By the time Mike gets home from his travels, they'll be all gone. When my frig is emptied out a little, I'm going to try chilling the cookies once fully assembled to get those crisp fluted ridges around the morsels.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

They dont look that bad you know. I didnt chill mine before baking and a few cracked...the best were photographed of course. In terms of rising they look like they have risen as you would expect .....but as you say its how they taste. I will have to look out for the chinese versions are they with the reallt short, flaky pastry?

31 May, 2006 23:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

21 July, 2006 06:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home