Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oyster Tasting


Lucky for me, my friend who also LOVES oysters came to Chicago for a visit. She was talking about how she's ordered oysters online, they harvest them next day and FexEx them overnight. So I decided to take her to Dirk's Seafood market. It's a small friendly market that was just recently recommended to us by friends. They always have a variety of oysters available and the day we went there was a special: $12/dozen. So we bought some Kumamotos, Delaware Bay, and Saline Oysters. Brought them home and shucked them all. We were trying not to eat too many while shucking because we were hoping to sit down at the dining table in a semi-civilized manner and suck those babies up as starters to our dinner..heehee. They were gorgeous...sweet, salty like the ocean, firm and succulent. I really should to try and make this a monthly treat for myself.